Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play. Our pupils’ welfare is of paramount importance. The governing body will ensure that Delph Primary School will safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils and work together with other agencies to ensure that we have adequate arrangements to identify, assess and support those children who are suffering or likely to suffer harm.
We recognise that everyone directly connected to our school i.e. staff, Governors, parents, families and pupils, have an essential role to play in protecting our pupils from harm and making our school safe and secure.
School Safeguarding Contacts
Mrs Alison Leigh - Headteacher/Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Mrs Rachel Massey - Deputy Headteacher / Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Mrs Kathy Mair - SENCo /Designated Teacher for Looked After Children.
Mr Mark Hopkins - Chair of Governors.
Mrs Helen Potts - Nominated Safeguarding Governor.
(All of the above can be contacted via the school office on 01457 874400)
Collette Morris - Local Authority Designated Officer (0161 770 7777).
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy- Revised 02.03.17 [pdf 531KB]
- Social Media Policy - March 2017 [pdf 166KB]
- Educational Visits Policy - Updated March 2017 [pdf 292KB]
- First Aid & Medicines Policy - June 2017 [pdf 178KB]
- Safer Recruitment Policy - June 2017 [pdf 234KB]
- Terms of Access Statement - June 2017 [pdf 97KB]
- Physical Intervention & Restraint Policy - June 2017 [pdf 239KB]
- Computing & E-Safety Policy - July 2017 [pdf 296KB]
- Behaviour and Anti-Bullying Policy - July 2017 [pdf 544KB]
- Intimate Care Policy - Nov 2016 [pdf 223KB]
- Whistleblowing Policy [pdf 253KB]
Guidance documents for schools and parents:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Sept 2016 [pdf 811KB]
- Working Together to Safeguard Children [pdf 1MB]
- Supervision of activity with children which is regulated activity when unsupervised [pdf 136KB]
- What to do if you're worried a child is being abused [pdf 320KB]
- Sexting in schools and colleges UKCCIS August-2016 [pdf 1MB]
- Social Media Guidance CCIS Advice for Parents [pdf 104KB]
- Ofsted Inspecting safeguarding in early years education and skills settings 2016 [pdf 615KB]
Report Abuse To Your Local Authority
NSPCC Preventing Abuse Advice
Mind Education Digital Risk and Resilience
Please see the e-safety section in the pupil zone for further information about how we teach children to keep themselves safe online.